We’ve turned our best-selling cooking class into a book!
Just in time for the December holidays, our first cookbook — Six Basic Cooking Techniques: Culinary Essentials for the Home Cook — will be available exclusively at our school and though our website, as we gear up for a national launch in March 2018.
For 15 years, we have been teaching students the six basic cooking techniques that lay the groundwork for a solid culinary foundation, and now this vividly photographed cooking manual continues that tradition.
You’ll learn the proper way to:
- handle a chef’s knife,
- cook meat to perfection,
- create impressive pan sauces, and
- prepare restaurant-worthy vegetable dishes (3 ways)
Plus, you’ll discover which ingredients truly make a difference in a home kitchen (Psst! Kosher salt, extra-virgin olive oil, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to start).
- “Is sea salt better than table salt?”
- “Can I use a garlic press to mince garlic?”
- “What kind of wine should I use for cooking?”
- “What is ‘extra-virgin’ olive oil?”
- “How do I know when meat is done?”
If you want to be emailed the moment the books drop at our front door, please sign up for our mailing list (and receive free weekly recipes to boot!) on the orange bar at the top of this page.